We are in LOVE with the Raw Chocolate Co products we sell on our online shop purebodybalanceshop! Our latest addition are their organic Chia seeds. These tiny little seeds are fantastic for making healthy desserts, adding to grain free granola or biscuits, sprinkled across salads or used as an egg replacement. This recipe fuses the healing properties of anti oxidant rich cacao with the awesome super food Chia seeds. Chia seeds contain high levels of omega 3 fatty acids for anti inflammatory health benefits, they are very high in fibre, keeping you full up for longer and helping to control blood sugar and possibly help manage diabetes!
Ingredients serves 2
1 400 ml tin organic coconut milk
25g raw organic cacao butter
25g raw organic cacao powder
1 tbsp raw organic cacao powder
5-6 tbsp organic chia seeds
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
½ tsp organic cinnamon powder
1. Using a bain marie method, melt the cacao butter, once melted add the cacao powder and cinnamon powder
2. Warm the coconut milk in a small sauce pan on a medium heat, then stir the cacao butter mixture in
3. Turn off the heat and stir continuously whilst adding the chia seeds and vanilla extract
4. Stir thoroughly until the chia seeds begin to thicken the mixture
5. Pour into small ramekins or small dishes and refrigerate for at least an hour until the mixture is very thick
6. Top with fresh sliced fruit such as strawberries or mango!